There are a few ‘house rules’/ terms and conditions that members will be required to comply with to maintain their membership. Failure to observe these or to maintain a reasonable level of engagement may result in the membership committee terminating membership to allow those on the waiting list join in the quarterly entrance.
• Each member shall take responsibility to actively engage within WiH. Membership is extended in return for contribution. Please share your knowledge and skills to build a community where everyone continually benefits.
• Every member should be prepared to engage with the mentorship programme – either as a mentor or a mentee. We all have a role to play, knowledge to share and learnings to gain. A comprehensive insight into the mentorship programme will be shared with all members via the website.
• Membership is active and members will need to engage in ( by way of attendance, participation or other contribution) to the programmes, talks and other activities to support momentum and maintain membership.
• If you are unable to attend an activity, please follow up with any content missed which will be available in the members’ section of the website.
• Each member should be responsible for updating their profile as and when any information supplied changes. This update should be done within 2 weeks after the information changes.
• Members should act with courtesy to other members in their WiH dealings.
• Members should publicly and privately support WiH, its members and its aims
• Each member shall comply with all relevant legislation and act in good faith in their dealings with WiH and other members ( in particular, but without limitation, those relating to data protection).
• Please refrain from solicitation and overt advertising of your business, product or service. This is not the purpose of WiH and any member who chooses to use the community in this way will be asked to leave.
• Membership of any person who is guilty of conduct which has or is likely to bring the organisation or its members into disrepute or which is contrary to the aims in interests of WiH, shall be terminated. Please refer to paragraph 3. Termination.
• Members are required to comply with these terms and conditions ( as amended from time to time). If a member does not comply with the terms and conditions or take the House Rules into consideration, membership shall be suspended or removed from WiH. This person will not be eligible for membership for at least one year. After that, the person can file an application again to request to be a member.
• Should a member wish to terminate their involvement with WiH for any reasons, please note that there is only a quarterly update of the membership roll at which point their membership status will be updated.
• All information shared from WiH or at and during WiH initiatives should be communicated as originating from WiH or the relevant third party and should only be used with consent from its rightful owner.
• Each member shall be entitled to refer to their WiH membership as part of their profiles but shall not use it in such a way as to bring the name into disrepute or suggest the endorsement of any product or activity of that member (or otherwise) without written consent. Please refer to paragraph 3. Termination.
• Members agree to keep any and all information of a confidential nature that is provided in the course of membership engagement or dealings in strict confidence. Information of a confidential nature includes information relating to other members and the organisational structure and technology of WIH ( in each case to the extent not already in the public domain or which is required to be disclosed by law).
7. WiH Policies
From time to time there may be changes to these terms and conditions or policies introduced which will be notified via the WiH website . Any changes will ,save in the case of emergency , be implemented at the end of the quarter in which they are introduced.
II) CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time. To ensure that you are always aware of how we use your personal data, we will update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect any changes or proposed changes to our use of your personal data. We may also make changes to comply with changes in applicable law or regulatory requirements.
We will notify you by e-mail of any significant changes to this Privacy Notice. However, we encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically to be informed of how we use your personal data.
III) RECEIPT OF PERSONAL DATA
If you browse ,contact us with an enquiry or register through our websites or use any services available on our website , we will collect and process your personal data in connection with your interaction with us and our websites. If you (or your organisation) supply products or services to us or otherwise partner with us, we may collect and process your personal data in connection with our receipt of those products and services and/or partnership. This may include personal data included in any email.
IV) THE BASIS FOR PROCESSING
It is necessary for us to use your personal data to fulfil your membership or in accordance with any arrangements that we may have with you for the relevant services, to comply with regulations or where it is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use personal data in such a way to ensure that we provide the relevant services requested by you and others in a secure and effective way ie where it is in the interest of WiH to enable us to give you the best service and experience. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data . We will limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions; and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, regulatory or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available on request by contacting us. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We will only share personal data with others when we are legally permitted to do so. When we share personal data with others, we seek contractual arrangements and security mechanisms in place to protect the personal data shared and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards and obligations. Please note accessing a third party’s website through a link on our website will constitute sharing by you and not by WiH.
V) THE BASIS FOR PROCESSING
Subject to relevant GDPR regulations, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, including requesting access to your personal data , correction of your personal data, erasure of your personal data, and seeking restrictions on processing of your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email a WiH director. Please note if your request will prohibit dealing with your membership we may have to terminate your registration to comply with your request.